CAPTIV8 Connect is a secure GDPR, HIPAA compliant referral system. There are many reasons why the NHS, Ophthalmology clinics, Independent Ophthalmologists and Optometrists want referrals to be delivered electronically.
- Reduces unecessary referrals
- Post-op discharge allows hospitals to discharge patients to community Optometrists. For example, a stable glaucoma patient could be discharged to a Specialist Optometrist for regular assessment thereby reducing the burden on the NHS or government hospitals.
- Incorporates SNOMED data. Snomed is an international standard for medicine. It makes clinical terms machine readable. All CAPTIV8 Connect referral templates are SNOMED compliant.
- Imaging & DICOM compliance. CAPTIV8 Connect allows you to bring in images and even DICOM OCT which allows the recipient to go through OCT slices interactively.
- Post-op payment. Where applicable, CAPTIV8 Connect automates payment for post-operative follow-up appointments performed by Optometrists – thus massively reducing administrative burden.
- 2-way commincation. CAPTIV8 Connect has a built-in messaging system allowing both Optometrists and Specialists to communicate and ‘tag’ patients. This is ideal when in need of ad-hoc advice before or after a referral thereby potentially reducing unnecessary referrals.